Slider

.

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Things I love...

Become a fan on Facebook

As a mother, I wish I would have seen this idea sooner because my oldest is five! But I can regret can I! I saw this idea on Pinterest of having a picture of all the things that the children love. I decided to take it a step further and choosing one of the things on the list and doing a photo session with it as well. Having something in front of your children that is part of what defines them is a great way to get them to smile;-) This is something I'm going to do every year so I can see how my kids are growing and how they have changed.




As parents, my husband and I are trying to teach our children the importance of working hard, keeping track of your money and saving. Hayzen wanted to do his own business raising chickens and selling the eggs. Every day, he gathers the eggs, feeds and waters the chickens and then certain days of the week he sells the eggs to numerous people around town. Each time he sells eggs, we sit down and divide the money up into categories such as business expenses, tithing for our church, savings, and spending. He worked so hard and finally saved up enough to buy his own truck and trailer. It was a proud mother moment seeing him take it to the cash register and had the cashier his own money and seeing a grin on his face from ear to ear. Naturally I had to do pictures with his, what he calls "special", truck and trailer.







Kutler got this ball at a minor league baseball game here in Reno. He went with his dad where they gave him a ball from that morning's practice and they also let all the kids run around the bases after the game. It was a great memory for him because he still talks about it. He even sleeps with his ball:-)







Jayde is all about shoes! It doesn't matter who's they are, how big they are, they are going on her feet! Even at daycare, the first thing she does is head to the closet to try on all the shoes. She's definitely my kind of girl.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs